George Washington Conner 80,232
- Born: 22 Nov 1880, Streator, La Salle, Illinois, USA 80,232,233
- Marriage: Hazel V. Powell about 1922 231
- Died: 4 Feb 1947, Yuma, Yuma, Arizona, USA at age 66 80,233
- Buried: 7 Feb 1947, Quartzsite, Yuma, Arizona, USA 80,233,234
Another name for George was Buck Conner.233
I believe he was buried in the SE corner of Jessie Leah (Conner) Kieser property or the NE corner of George Washington Conner's property. Exhumed from behind Mex/Chinese restaurant in 30 May 2008 & buried in the Hi Jolly Cemetery.
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence: , , West Virginia, USA. 233
• Census, 14 Jun 1900, Moundsville, Marshall, West Virginia, USA. 78 In 1900 he was a U.S. Soldier.
• Military Service: Spanish-American War. 233,234 MUS. 2 W. VA. INF. SP. AM. WAR.
• Occupation. 80 He worked as an actor for Universal Studios.
Some of the movies he apeared in:
* The Phantom Riders (1918)
* The Black Horse Bandit (1919)
* The $1,000,000 Reward (1920)
* Action (1921)
* In the Days of Buffalo Bill (1922)
* The Social Buccaneer (1923)
* The Radio Detective (1926)
* Hell's Heroes (1930 in film)
• Residence, Abt 1924, Quartzsite, Yuma, Arizona, USA. 233
• Land, 27 May 1926, Quartzsite, Yuma, Arizona, USA. 235 In 1926 he homesteaded 160 acres, SE corner of Sec 29, Township: 4-N, Range 19-W, Meridian: Gila-Salt River, State: AZ, County: La Paz.
• Census, 11 Apr 1930, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA. 231 In 1930 we worked as an actor, living with his mother inlaw Ella Garrison.
• Land, 16 Jun 1931, Quartzsite, Yuma, Arizona, USA. 236 In 1931 he homesteaded 80 acres, N½ corner of the SW corner of Sec. 29/, Township: 4-N, Range 19-W, Meridian: Gila-Salt River, State: AZ, County: La Paz.
• Residence, 14 Sep 1939, Quartzsite, Yuma, Arizona, USA. 67
• Obituary, 12 Feb 1947, Yuma, Yuma, Arizona, USA. 233 Yuma Daily Sun, The | Yuma, Arizona | Wednesday, February 12, 1947 | Page 6
MRS. E. M. KUEHN
Funeral services were help in St. George Protestant Episcopal church here Friday morning, Feb. 7, for George Washington (Buck) Conner, who died of a heart attack in Yuma Feb. 4. The Rev. Bancroft P. Smith, Vi**r of St. Paul's Episcopal church, Yuma , officiated.
Mr. Conner was born in Streeter, Ill., Nov 22, 1880, the son of Mr and Mrs. William Conner, both of whom died several years ago. He was reared in West Virginia, but left home at an early age to come West. He was a veteran of the Spanish-American War and chaplain of several veteran organizations in Hollywood, Calif., as well as having taken part in many pictures at Universal Studios.
He and his family have lived in Quartzsite the greater part of 23 years and have a home here on Conner Field, the airport which was named of him. He and his wife presented the Episcopal Diocese of Arizona with approximately two acres of land on the Highway 60 here, together with a small adobe building. It is on this site that St. George P. E. church was built 12 years ago using fund from the revolving gift fund of the Episcopal church. The church is named for the first born son of Mr. and Mrs. Conner, who preceded his father in death.
Through the courtesy of Sheriff J. A. Bear, a bugler and firing squad were brought from the Imperial Dam Army Test Branch at Laguna, Ariz., to pay last honors to a comrade.
Mr. Conner is Survived by his wife, Hazel V., as son, , a nephew, , several brothers and their children in West Virginia and Illinois. Accompanying Mrs. Conner and her son from Los Angeles, were her brother and his wife Mr. and Mrs. Ray Garrison; and also Mrs. Conner's brother-in-law and sister, Mr. and Mrs. C. L. Metzger from Ontario, Calf. The home here is closed at present.
• Alt. Burial, 30 May 2008, Quartzsite, La Paz, Arizona, USA. 234 His body was exhumed & reburied Buried in the Pioneer section, Lot 122 of the Hi Jolly Cemetery.
George married Hazel V. Powell, daughter of Jesse Powell and Ella Higgins, about 1922.231 (Hazel V. Powell was born on 27 Sep 1898 in Cripple Creek, El Paso, Colorado, USA 80,231,232,237,238,239 and died in Oct 1985 in , , Hawaii, USA 239.)