Carl Clifford Markham 26
- Born: 8 May 1914, McLoud, Pottawatomie, Oklahoma, USA 25,36
- Marriage: Esther Irene Byerly on 8 Sep 1937 in La Junta, Otero, Colorado, USA 25
- Died: 30 Mar 1978, Omaha, Douglas, Nebraska, USA at age 63 25,36
- Buried: 10 Apr 1978, Fowler Cemetery, Fowler, Otero, Colorado, USA 25,32
Fowler Tribune Friday April 7, 1978
C. Markham Dies of Heart Attack
Carl C. Markham
Carl C. Markham, 63, died unexpectedly of a heart attack March 30, 1978, while in Omaha, Nebraska.
Funeral services, held Monday at First Baptist Church in Fowler, were conducted by the Rev. Gideon Dexter. With organist Pat Perue providing organ accompaniment, Hubert Jones sang "The Old Rugged Cross" and "How Great Thou Art."
Casket bearers were sons, James, Ted and Ben Markham, and long-time friends, Gerald Tyler, Glenn Tyler and Ermon Tyler, Jr. Interment was in Fowler Cemetery.
It is the family's request that memorials, be made to the First Baptist Church of Fowler.
Carl C. Markham was born May 8, 1914, at McLoud Oklahoma, the son of Charles Carl and Ollie Maude Murphy Markham. He had lived for many years in the Fowler are and was a driver for Green Trucking Co. at the time of hi death. He had also been driver for Bray Motor Freight Co., Wright Motor Lines and R. D. Lewis Banana Co. and was a former employee of Sanford Brothers Ranch.
He married Esther Irene Byerly Sept. 8, 1937, in La Junta.
Surviving are his wife of Fowler; three sons, ; Ted A. Markham co Buena Vista; and ; a daughter ; a brother, Edward W. Markham, El Paso Texas; three sisters, Geneva Boland, Shawnee, Oklahoma; Atha Pickard, Visalia, California; ; and four grandchildren.
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1920, Bales Twp., Pottawatomie, Oklahoma, USA. 129
• Census, 1930, Bales Twp., Pottawatomie, Oklahoma, USA. 138 He was a farm hand.
• Residence, 21 Aug 1953, Fowler, Otero, Colorado, USA. 8
• Residence, 24 Jan 1963, Fowler, Otero, Colorado, USA. 86
Carl married Esther Irene Byerly on 8 Sep 1937 in La Junta, Otero, Colorado, USA.25 (Esther Irene Byerly was born on 28 Apr 1919 in Elk City, Beckham, Oklahoma, USA,29,30 died on 29 Jun 1990 in Fowler, Otero, Colorado, USA 31 and was buried in Fowler Cemetery, Fowler, Otero, Colorado, USA 32.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Alt. Marriage, 8 Sep 1937, Pueblo, Pueblo, Colorado, USA. 31